Monday, February 5, 2007

Employee of the Month


Director: Greg Coolidge
Country of origin: USA



In my moment of weakness (it definitely must have been a moment of weakness) I picked Employee of the Month of my friend's floor and decided to watch it. This movie starring Jessica Simpson, Dax Sheppard and Dane Cook is set in a big box store and was shot in a Costco. Amy (Jessica Simpson) gets transferred from another store and has a reputation of always dating the employee of the month. Vince (Dax Sheppard) has been employee of the month for 17 months straight. He is head cashier and a huge "suck up." Zack (Dane Cook) who is known as the store slacker decides that he will become employee of the month by the end of the month to win her over. I don't think I need to even explain what happens after this, since I'm sure anyone can guess that after a month of betraying friends, fighting with Vince and almost losing Amy, Zach wins employee of the month and ends up with Amy.

All I can say is if you have two hours to waste, and I really mean waste, then feel free to rent this. I have always been a big fan of Dane Cook's comedy, but it definitely wasn't portrayed very well in this movie. This movie is full of stereotypical characters that can be found in any comedy/romance. Feel free to view the trailer here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424993/trailers

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

I watched this movie last night and I thought that it was hilarious, although Jessica Simpson really didn't do much talking in it.