Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Guardian


Country of Origin: USA



I thoroughly enjoyed this film starring Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher. This movie had the perfect balance of action and dialogue. I felt a close connection to not only the main characters, but to the not so important characters such as Hodge (Brian Geraghty.) This movie is classified as an action, adventure and drama and definiitely fulfilled all of those genres as well as having a little bit of comedy. A younger Kevin Costner could be identified through Ashton Kutcher, which added more depth to both of the characters. Although at first Kutcher comes across as a tad bit arrogant, we soon realize that he has had a life full of challenges, and that his coping method is to be overly confident. His character showed me that even if someone has unlimitied potential, limitations due to past events must be overcome before successfully becoming a team player and mastering a new career. Other characters, such as Hodge, taught us other lessons. Hodge, who is in training for the coast guard for the third time, shows us that with persistence, and a little bit of confidence, anyone can achieve their goals. I have new found respect for the Coast Guard, and the intense training that is needed in order to be successfully part of the force. I can’t think of any criticisms that I have for this movie. I highly recommend it, no matter what type of movies you enjoy watching!

1 comment:

Tovers said...

I haven't been the biggest Kutcher fan in the past, but I did like him and Bernie Mac in "Guess Who." I forgot about this movie but maybe i'll consider seeing it now after your praise for it--maybe:P