Tuesday, February 6, 2007

[Frank Miller's] 300 (Zack Snyder, 2006)

Country Origin: USA

This movie has yet to be released in theatres but is coming out soon; despite this, I had seen the trailer for this movie during the previews for another movie and was immediately intrigued. Although I am not very well educated on Spartan history or anything, the trailer has done a remarkable job at creating an entertaining, suspenseful, and thrilling portrayal of the film.
I won't consider this an official post because the movie hasn't been released and I don't want to write more until I have actually seen it for myself.

The film is based on Frank Miller's novel, 300. I highly recommend checking out the trailer for this movie. I've watched it more than enough times already and every time I watch it, I want to see the movie even more! If anyone knows when it is supposed to come out in theatres, let me know. Thanks



2 comments:

Kurtis said...

The tentative release date for "300" is March 9th, 2007. I'm very much looking forward to it, particularly after seeing Snyder's impressive debut feature "Dawn of the Dead" (2004), which is among the better horror releases of the past decade. His use of montage in "Dawn of the Dead" (evident in the opening sequence) is extremely impressive; his choice of music is also exemplary (Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around"). Clearly, Snyder has elevated the standard for green-screen technology with "300," surpassing that of "Sin City" (2005) and the "Star Wars" prequels.

-Kurtis

Fazila said...

I actually just saw a preview for this movie, and I have to say I am more then excited to see it.