Friday, March 9, 2007

Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade ( Steven Spielberg, 1989)

Country of Origin: USA




All you have to hear is "Dah dah dah dah, dah dah dah..." and you know that Indiana Jones is on the scene. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the third (but, supposedly not final) installment. In this film, Indiana (Harrison Ford) teams up with his father (Sean Connery) to search for the infamous Holy Grail before the Nazis get to it first. Searching tombs, surviving dangerous boat races, tanks, Hitler himself, and uncovering the greatest archaeological find, this movie has it all!


All I can say about this film is that nothing compares to it! This is a classic in my book. From the first time that I saw it I was hooked. I Love all the Indiana movies but this one is my favorite. It has everything that I love in a movie: tons of action, romance, comedy, and mystery. I love the scenes where Indiana has to perform the three tasks to retrieve the Grail because it puts me on the edge of my couch every time...and it has been many times! The special effects, I believe, are great for that time, like how Walter Donovan (bad guy!) turns into a mummy, and all the explosions during the tank scenes. I believe that the camera angles work for this film, but I have to admit that I don't watch the change in angles. I'm more focused on Harrison Ford! The cast is perfect for this film. Ford and Connery have a great father-son chemistry that makes me laugh!




















5 comments:

Tovers said...

Good movies, I liked them all too. I also used to love the Indiana Jones ride at Disneyland when I was younger..

Kat said...

Indiana Jones is my favorite ride!

Kurtis said...

I'm also a fan of both "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and the ride at Disneyland.

I think you pinpointed one of the central reasons for the film's success with audiences when you noted the chemistry between Ford and Connery; rarely has a father/son relationship been presented with such humor and nuance.

Anyone looking forward to #4?

-Kurtis

amygrainger said...

I definitely agree about this film being a classic!

Fazila said...

I am with all of you when you say the ride was the best at disneyland...even after waiting in line for a hour and half.

I heard about #4 coming out but I thought that was just a rumor.