Sunday, March 4, 2007

Saw 3 (Darren Lynn Bousman, 2006)


Country of Origin: USA


The third installment of this gruesome thriller will make the hairs on your arm stand on end. By carefully planning and placing certain events from the past in order and incorporating particular sequences from each characters' lives, Saw 3 creeps-out and scares most of those that are brave enough to watch.

The lives of many people are at the mercy of one man, Jeff (Angus Macfayden). He and his wife, Lynn (Bahar Soomekh), are kidnapped by Jigsaw (Tobin Bell) and his protege Amanda (Shawnee Smith). If Lynn ever wants to see her family again, she must race against the clock to keep Jigsaw, who is on his death bed, alive and if Jeff ever wants to be with his family again he must go through a series of tasks and learn the lesson of mercy. Little do they know that Amanda has a series of secrets that seep-out and alter the outcome of each persons' destiny.

In my opinion, I thought that this movie was good (This could be because I love horror/scary movies). What made this movie good for me was that it was able to make me squirm and give me chills down my spine, which is not a common thing for me. I don't normally squirm or get chills when I watch movies like this, so if a film can achieve this, then it must be good. Kudos to the work of the director. The effects of sound, lighting, and camara angels, I believe, were the major contributors to acheiving what they did. I do recommend this film to anyone that likes to watch horrors and be scared, but I don't neccessarily recommend this film to those that get sick easily because. let's just say that it's a bit more graphic and explicit than Hostel.

4 comments:

Victor said...

I watched Saw II before watching Saw I (haven't seen Saw III yet though) and it scared me right off the bat. What makes the three Saw movies REALLY scary is the fact that everything is actually possible.

Tovers said...

I love the Saw movies, disturbing as hell but i always have to see them in theatres and come out feelin sick..good times?

amygrainger said...

I haven't seen the third Saw yet, but I just watched one and two a couple weekends ago when they were on tv back to back. I was suprised at how great the story lines were. I actually enjoyed them and I usually hate horror movies!

Fazila said...

I heard the third one was more gore then horror...I am still up for watching it, though I better have an empty stomach